Committees & Ambassadors
One of the best ways to maximize the benefits of investing in membership is to join one of the Markham Board of Trade’s (MBT) many committees – from Government Affairs to Membership to the Awards or the Breakfast committee. This is an excellent opportunity to network and grow your business, acquire new skills and give back to the business community.
- Hosts the Markham Board of Trade’s monthly breakfast networking events, which are typically held the 2nd Thursday of each month.
Business Excellence Awards Committee
- Helps source nominations from the Markham business community and performs the interviews to select recipients for the Markham Board of Trade’s Annual Business Excellence Awards.
Government Affairs Committee
- Meets with representatives from all levels of government to foster a favorable environment for the development of all Markham businesses. Keeps members and the Board advised of legislative proposals and actions.
Product Review Committee
- Meets to review new initiatives for programs and services available to Markham Board of Trade members.
Women’s Networking Committee
- Provides support and input for the planning of the Markham Board of Trade’s Women’s Networking Luncheons, which are held twice per year.
Young Professionals Networking Committee
- Provides support for networking events/educational sessions for young professionals (under the age of 40). The YPN Committee is also responsible for supporting the YPN ASPIRE Awards, including conducting a thorough review of nominations in order to select award recipients.